Newsletter Signup

DOT Paving 07-13-2014

Meet our Board Members

Mural Information

Click Image for Moore County's Website







Prev Next


Welcome to the Town of Carthage website.

Carthage, the county seat for Moore County, was incorporated in 1776. The name was changed to Fagansville in 1806 in honor of Richardson Fagin for letting the county seat be moved from his house to another tract of land he donated to the county. The name was changed back to Carthage in 1818. The exact reason is unknown, but we've been called Carthage ever since. Read more about our history, Click Here.

Town Minutes/Code of Ordinances, Zoning/Development Ordinance
Zoning Map, Town Audits

Town Board Meeting
The Carthage Board of Commissioners regular scheduled meetings are held the third Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the McDonald Building located at 207 McReynolds Street in Carthage, unless otherwise noted. 
Planning Board Meeting
The Planning Board has their regular scheduled meetings on the first Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the McDonald Building.       
Carthage Historical Committee
The Carthage Historical Committee will hold their regular scheduled meetings on the second Tuesday of each month at 5:00 p.m. at the Museum.  The Town of Carthage is accepting applications from anyone interested in serving on the Historical Committee.  Applications may be obtained at the Town Hall or click on Permits and Forms.  
Carthage Appearance Committee
The Carthage Appearance Committee will hold their regular scheduled meetings on the second Monday of each month at 5:00 p.m. at the Town Hall.  
Note:  If you need to report a street light outage, please call Duke Energy Progress at 800-452-2777, email or call the Town Hall office.  You will need to have the pole number as well as the location of the outage.
Contact Information:  Town of Carthage, 4396 US Hwy 15/501, Carthage, NC 28327.  Phone: 910-947-2331  Fax:  910-947-3079

Non-Discrimination Statement

This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.  

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at filing cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call 866-632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax 202-690-7442 or email at