Water Payments

The Town of Carthage provides in town residents with water and household waste pick-up services. Certain areas have sewer service as well.

Water bills are due by the 25th of each month. Payments may be mailed to the office, left in the drop box next to the Police Department door, paid via check, cash or credit/debit card in the office or over the phone with a credit/debit card or drafted directly from your checking/savings account.

We also offer an online bill pay option when using a credit/debit card. You need to know your account number and bill amount to complete this transaction. Please click on the link below to be redirected to our payment portal.  Convenience Pay Services, the service provider, charges a convenience fee for payment processing.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are trying to access the link and get an error, clear your browsers history and then try again. Or you can directly access the URL by typing https://paybill.com/townofcarthage in your address bar.  You can bookmark the site as well.

Non-Discrimination Statement

This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.  

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint filing cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call 866-632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax 202-690-7442 or email at program.intake@usda.gov.


Town of Carthage

4396 Hwy 15-501 (Town Hall)
Carthage, North Carolina 28327
Office: (910) 947-2331 
Fax: (910) 947-3079

Office hours (on non-holiday working days) are: 

Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.